Coolangatta - Tweed Heads Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Coolangatta - Tweed Heads Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing cooltweed.com for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Coolangatta - Tweed Heads for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Coolangatta - Tweed Heads?
Coolangatta - Tweed Heads Galleries and Museums
Galleries, Museums, and Historical Venues in and around Coolangatta - Tweed Heads
Coolangatta - Tweed Heads is a region in Queensland and New South Wales, Australia, that boasts of numerous galleries, museums, and historical venues. These sites offer an excellent opportunity to learn about the history, culture, and art of the region. Here are some of the places to visit:
1. Tweed Regional Gallery and Margaret Olley Art Centre - This gallery is located in Murwillumbah, New South Wales, and is a must-visit for art lovers. The gallery has a vast collection of contemporary and traditional art, including works by local and international artists. The Margaret Olley Art Centre is also a part of the gallery and showcases the work of the late Australian artist Margaret Olley.
2. Tweed Heads Historic Site - This site is located at the southern end of the Gold Coast, and it features several historical buildings that have been preserved to tell the story of the region's settlement. The site has a visitor center where visitors can learn about the history of the site and its significance to the region.
3. Captain Cook Memorial and Lighthouse - This site is located in Fingal Head, New South Wales, and is dedicated to the famous explorer, Captain James Cook. The lighthouse was built in 1872 and is still operational today. Visitors to the site can climb to the top of the lighthouse to enjoy stunning views of the coast and the ocean.
4. Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary - This sanctuary is located in Currumbin, Queensland, and is home to a vast collection of Australian wildlife. Visitors can enjoy a variety of animal encounters, including koalas, kangaroos, and crocodiles. The sanctuary also has a hospital that treats injured wildlife.
5. Surf World Gold Coast - This museum is dedicated to the history of surfing in the region and features a vast collection of surfboards, memorabilia, and photographs. The museum is located in Currumbin, Queensland, and is a must-visit for surfers and anyone interested in the history of the sport.
6. The Tweed History Museum - This museum is located in Murwillumbah, New South Wales, and showcases the history of the Tweed Valley region. The museum has a vast collection of photographs, artifacts, and documents that tell the story of the region's settlement and development.
7. Minjungbal Aboriginal Cultural Centre - This centre is located in South Tweed Heads, New South Wales, and is dedicated to preserving and showcasing the culture of the local Aboriginal people. The centre has a museum and gallery that features traditional artwork and artifacts, as well as contemporary Aboriginal art.
8. Surfing Australia High Performance Centre - This centre is located in Casuarina, New South Wales, and is dedicated to the development of surfing in Australia. The centre features state-of-the-art training facilities, including a surf pool and gym. Visitors can learn about the history of surfing in Australia and the role of the centre in developing the sport.
9. Snapper Rocks - This site is located in Coolangatta, Queensland and is a world-famous surfing spot. Snapper Rocks is home to one of the most consistent and challenging waves in the world, and it is a must-visit for surfers from around the globe.
Coolangatta - Tweed Heads is a region in Queensland and New South Wales, Australia that is rich in history, culture, and art. Visitors to the region can enjoy a variety of galleries, museums, and historical venues that showcase the best of the area. From ancient Aboriginal culture to contemporary surfing, there is something for everyone to enjoy in Coolangatta - Tweed Heads.
Coolangatta - Tweed Heads Galleries and Museums Articles